Thursday, April 20, 2006

EAT YOUR HEART OUT


My husband and I recently discovered a very cool on-line study for those who are plagued with any kind of addiction. We are both going through the study on The Lord's Table--developing godly attitudes toward eating and food. The Lord actually delivered me from bulimia when I was in my early 20's, then healed me completely from my obsession with food about 15 years ago. I went from "living to eat" to "eating to live"(although some might say I still worship coffee and chocolate!)
It was truly a supernatural deliverance--The Lord gave me such an intense passion to know Him that my unhealthy craving for food and obsession with exercise just kind of faded away. It wasn't anything I did, it was all Him. Since then, I've longed to help others with the issue of food addiction, but didn't know how.
But this study really hits the nail on the head. It covers sexual addiction, substance abuse, food issues, and other areas. The website is: www.settingcaptivesfree.com.
Check it out! I'm glad I did.

1 comments:

jenzai said...

Okay, this is a very, way cool blog! Shawn, yer the best! Luv, Jen

Who links to my website?