Thursday, June 07, 2007

back to the great land


We are off, bright and early tomorrow morning, for our annual Alaskan adventure. We will meet up with our outreach team in Fairbanks, spend the night at a very hospitable church, buy groceries at Fred Meyers on Saturday morning and then head out to our destination on the Yukon River. We'll be in the village for a week, doing Veggie Tales VBS and just loving on the people. Then my bush pilot buddie will pick us up and shuttle us to Kokrine Hills Bible Camp next Friday.

If you've been reading my blog for long, you know that I've written about a certain Native man--Chief--who has been preparing to be part of the work crew that gets the Kokrine Hills facility for three weeks of camp. Chief, who has never been on a plane before, is at this very moment headed toward Fairbanks courtesy of Alaska Airlines! I'm so proud of Chief--he worked hard, stayed the course, and got up the courage to get on the plane!
I can't wait to hear all his stories when we catch up with him at KHBC later this week.
We will have stories of our own to tell, I am sure. I will try to sneak in a blogging session or two from the village. So stay tuned . . .
Please lift us all up in prayer.
For safety, unity, health, wisdom and peace.
And for a fruitful harvest for the kingdom of God.

Oh, and that we catch lots of fish down in Homer!