Friday, December 14, 2007

amazing faith!


We are amazed--and rightly so--by the grace of God.

But guess what amazes Jesus? Our faith!

Only twice does the Bible depict Jesus as amazed. Once, it was because of the people's lack of faith (Mark 6)--and the other time He marvelled at the great faith of the Centurion (Luke 7:9).

That just kind of boggles my mind. I used to think that it would be my great deeds or tireless service that would impress Jesus.

Nope. He is amazed when I trust Him to do great things in and through me. My faith is the key to blessing His heart!

"For without faith, it is impossible to please Him . . ." Hebrews 11:6

So, if you are looking for a suitable present to offer Jesus this Christmas, consider the gift of simple, childlike faith.

It's definitely a gift He won't return!