Thursday, September 25, 2008

a word to the wise

I've always respected David Wilkerson, the well-known preacher who wrote"The Cross and the Switchblade" and started the radical church in Times Square. He's always been a prophetic voice to the Body of Christ, admonishing the Bride to prepare the way of the Lord. Wilkerson had a vision in the 80's that foreshadowed much of what our nation is facing today. If you want to know more about this man and his ministry, check out his website: http://www.worldchallenge.org/about_david_wilkerson

I received a very interesting email written by pastor Wilkerson today. I'm posting an excerpt--if you want to read the whole thing, let me know and I'll send it to you.

It intriques--and scares me a little--that the Lord has already been nudging me toward the actions advised by Wilkerson. Now it's just a matter of actually doing it . . .


I ask you, please, hear my heart as I say this: The time is not far away before we all will be deeply affected by the economic flood coming to the whole world. Great trials are ahead for all of us who deeply love the Lord. Here is what I am led to do by the Holy Spirit. I ask it of my family, all of whom work with the church body. I urge you to pray to see if the Lord is leading you to do the same: No more buying of luxuries. Cut all spending except absolute necessities. Sell every unneeded item. Turn it to cash and give it to ministries to the poor and needy. Downsize as much as possible. Be willing to let it all come to this: "Having food and raiment [covering], let us be therewith content" (1 Timothy 6:8). Build up your faith by reminding the Lord daily of his promises: "The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever" (Psalm 29:10). "In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness" (Psalm 31:1).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes!

jenzai said...

Thanks for posting this! Jen

Who links to my website?