Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Cybermissions 101


I am taking an on-line course in Cybermissions right now. The mission organization I work for (InterAct Ministries) actually has an opening for a Cybermissionary, so I thought I should find out what that was, exactly.
I'll let you know when I figure it out!
I have learned some intriguing concepts, mostly about the nature of communication on the Web. It is static, not a broadcast medium like the radio ("someone would no more randomly visit a website than they would randomly check out a book from the library"); websites do better with specific information as opposed to general, and the Internet can penetrate barriers and build bridges with formerly "off limits" people groups.
How exciting is that?
The website for the class is: www.cybermissions.org if you'd like to check it out for yourself.
See you in cyberspace!