Monday, September 08, 2008

The last hurrah of sumer!


















It was the best of summers, even though it feels like I hydroplaned right through it!
Some highlights:

  • An amazing outreach in Alaska

  • Bringing home 75 lbs. of halibut from Homer

  • Spending lots of time with my grown children (that includes you, too, Krispy)

  • Connecting with the awesome folks at Cornerstone

  • Staying connected with ALC friends

  • Visiting with my aunt in Texas

  • Getting a bigger binding machine

  • Sarah Palin (yesterday at church, someone told me I looked like Sarah. That might just be the highlight of my summer!)

  • Hiking, kayaking, and enjoying the great Northwest with Greg, Scout and friends

  • Helping Stephen get to the US from Sudan (arrives in Portland 9/29!)

  • Having lots of company

  • Deciding NOT to move

  • Attending the Brian Wilson concert last night.

Our family always gets free tickets to Brian Wilson events because we are related to one of the band members. Plus, we always get to go back stage and hang out with the band after the show. I must confess, I've never been a huge Beach Boys fan (cut me some slack, I grew up in Kansas where there are no beaches), but I am a huge fan of my brother-in-law, Jeff Foskett, who has played with Brian Wilson (and was part of the original Beach Boys) since the '70s. Jeff loves Jesus, plays a mean guitar, can still hit the high notes and takes really good care of Brian. And he makes me laugh.

Brian was so tired after the 2 hour show last night, that he only hung out with us for about 5 minutes (Greg and I were the only ones who got their pictures taken with him--and you can see how excited he was about that) before he said to Jeff: "I've got to get out of here." So we all hugged Jeff and said a quick goodbye as he whisked Brian off to tuck him in for the night.

So, the picture captures our five seconds of fame last night. (But I'm still more excited about the fact that someone thinks I look like Sarah!)

1 comments:

Ellie said...

Funny moment: When I first saw the picture on this post, I thought "Oh, it's Sarah Palin!" and then I realized it was Mrs. Strannigan. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that!

Who links to my website?